Recently released the 2016/17 ACT Premier Grade Cricket Statistical Review. This covers all grades of ACT Premier Grade Cricket for the 2016/17 season.
Greg Mail, the former New South Wales cricketer, recently announced that he was in his words “not playing cricket anymore”, following Sydney University’s victory in the NSW Premier Cricket’s 1st Grade Final. The following is a brief breakdown of his 1st Grade career:
- He made his 1st Grade debut on 23 September 1995 for Parramatta against Sydney University at University No.1 Oval, Camperdown making an unbeaten 36.
- Represented Parramatta in 1995/96; Hawkesbury from 1995/96 to 1998/99; Balmain/UTS-Balmain from 1999/00 to 2003/04 and Sydney University from 2004/05 to 2016/17.
- Played against 22 1st Grade clubs and at 27 1st Grade Venues.
- 366 matches, with 237 of them being for Sydney University. Batted in 383 innings, being not out 54 times.
- Scored 1000 runs in a season five times – 1998/99 (1020), 2006/07 (1225), 2009/10 (1266), 2010/11 (1095), and 2011/12 (1066).
- Scored 15,242 runs in all 1st Grade matches which is a record. His batting average was 46.33.
- Reached 100 on 44 occasions which is a record.
- Made 50 on 72 occasions which is the equal record with Richard Chee Quee.
- Made 3 double centuries.
- Also made 28 ducks.
- Dismissed in the 90s only on four occasions.
- Dismissed most by Cameron Eve, Tony Clark and James Day (5 times).
- Highest Score of 214 not out v Randwick Petersham in 2009/10. The next round he made 212 against Northern District.
- Batted at every position in 1st Grade except for positions 10 and 11.
- As an opener he made 10,100 runs at 54.59 with 36 centuries.
- Bowled 1711.3 overs, with 316 maidens and taking 245 wickets at an average of 21.37.
- Dismissed Matt Hughston and Anthony Sams most in 1st Grade, 4 times.
- Best bowling of 7-12 against Manly-Warringah in 2011/12. Took a further 4 five wickets in an innings. Two of the five 5 fa’s were against Manly-Warringah.
- Made 6 centuries against Manly-Warringah, 5 against Eastern Suburbs and 4 against Blacktown, Mosman and North Sydney.
- Did not make a century against Bankstown, Fairfield-Liverpool, Gordon, Petersham-Marrickville, Randwick, Sutherland and UNSW. Also did not make a century in a 1st Grade Final.
- Scored 1000 runs against Eastern Suburbs, Manly-Warringah, North Sydney and Northern District.
- Played 120 1st Grade matches at Sydney University Oval, scoring 4758 runs. Also took exactly 100 wickets at the venue.
- Also scored over 1000 runs at Drummoyne Oval and Owen Earle Oval, Richmond.
- Played in the most Finals (both 2-day and 1-day) with 12.
- Has been on the winning side in 212 matches. Only Ken Hall has more wins with 256.
Do you use the Cricket Statistics Program CricketStatz? Are you looking for up to date and quality International, First-Class or List A databases. I have locked databases available for the below prices. All databases come with 12 months of free updates after which further updates can be purchased. These databases do not come with CricketStatz which needs to be purchased separately at http://www.cricketstatz.com. All databases are locked but all updates are provided for 12 months after purchase. Other databases can be provided on request. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Prices for the databases are below: